As promised in my last post, here is my recipe from my book:
A lovely soft crumbly recipe great with a cup of tea!
4oz / 115g Margarine
2oz / 55g Icing Sugar
4oz / 115g Plain Flour
2oz / 55g Corn Flour
White sugar to sprinkle
on top once cooked
- Preheat the oven to 170°C;
- Grease, base line, then grease again two 5½” round tins;
- Mix together the butter and half of the sugar;
- Mix in the flour and corn flour and the rest of the sugar;
- Press the mixture into the tins, and flatten them with a knife;
- You can go round the outside edge with a fork and cut a few patterns into the top either with biscuit cutters or with the fork (see figure 1);
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the shortbread looks cooked (it will change from kind of shiny to matte finish!);
- Cut into pieces whilst warm and sprinkle with sugar then leave them to cool in the tin.
- Put the kettle on for a cuppa, then you are ready!