This is my recipe for gluten free yet indulgent creamy cheesecake. It takes no time at all to make, the difficult part is waiting for it to set so you can eat!! This makes a huge cheesecake that serves 8 people comfortably – if that is too much, simply use half the ingredients.
8oz / 225g Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits
2oz / 55g Gluten Free Ginger Biscuits
1½oz / 45g Sugar
4oz / 115g Butter
1½lb / 300g Soft Cheese
5½oz / 150g Icing Sugar
6oz / 170g Strawberries / Raspberries
10floz Double Cream
A Few Dashes of Lemon Juice
6 Strawberries cut into halves or
- Line a round 10″ tin with foil, a loose bottomed tin if you have one;
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl with a rolling pin until there are no pieces bigger than around ⅜” / 1cm;
- Mix in the sugar, then melt the margarine and mix into the biscuits;
- Press the biscuits into the prepared tin and put into the fridge to cool;
- Crush the strawberries or raspberries with a fork depending on which you choose;
- Beat together the soft cheese, crushed fruit, icing sugar, cream and lemon juice vigorously so the mixture is smooth;
- Pour onto the biscuit base and decorate with strawberries or raspberries, put into the fridge to set for an hour;
- When set, pull out of the tin using the edge of the foil (or if a loose bottomed tin simply remove the tin!).
- Serve and enjoy!