Today I made some (as the title suggests) gluten free peanut butter cookies, (found it too difficult to go completely grain free, so I am currently going gluten free!) and they are sooooo adictively tasty I thought I’d share the recipe.
4oz / 115g Butter
4oz / 115g Peanut Butter (I prefer crunchy)
4oz / 115g Soft Brown Sugar
4oz / 115g White Sugar
10oz / 285g Gluten Free Plain Flour
½ tsp / 2½g Gluten Free Baking Powder (I make my own with 1 tsp cream of tartar ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda – because I couldn’t find gluten free baking powder)
½ tsp / 2½g Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C;
- Base line, then grease 3 large baking trays;
- Mix together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and eggs;
- Mix in the flour and baking powder and bicarbonate of soda;
- Roll into 36 balls (maybe an inch / 3cm across) and place 12 on each baking tray;
- Press the top of each with a fork just to make it a bit flatter but not very much as they flatten out whilst cooking;
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they look a bit like the picture below – easy to over cook these, so coming out pale is better as it makes for a slightly soggy cookie;
- Leave to cool a few minutes in the tin, then simply take the greaseproof paper out with the cookies on.
- Try not to gorge too much – it’s easily done!